The PKRA have just released the first details for this years world tour. There are some big changes to the competition, following it’s purchase by Virgin.
Here are the basics:
- 4 categories; freestyle, big air, wave and slalom.
- New overall title for the best all-round rider.
- Less riders competing – 24 men and 12 women.
- The worlds top 14 men and 7 women gain automatic entry into the tour.
- Qualifying events in the run up to the tour for others to prove themselves.
- Wave and big air events will have qualifiers at each stop on the tour.
- Local wildcard entries at each event.
- New scoring system
- Smaller competition area for freestyle, allowing only one rider to score at a time.
This is only the first release, and we are sure there’s more news to come.
Unfortunatly – no New Zealand or Australian stops on the tour. We tried!
Be sure to keep up with the PKRA on twitter and Facebook, as this will be a very interesting year for the growth of our sport internationally!